The only approval you need on Apollo's Temple is the admin's acceptance of your username!!

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Celebrity adoption

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DreamCloud
Mortal
Mortal

PostSubject: Celebrity adoption   Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:35 pm

so what's everyone's take on celebrity adoption? Is it more benficial for the celebs to adopt babies form other countries when they could adopt kids from here?
Ezra

Last edited by DreamCloud on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RPM
Mortal
Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity adoption   Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:42 am

is this really a controversial issue? does it matter what we say? will that stop the celebrities from doing as they please? i figure it's their money, they can do whatever they want with it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicki
Scribe
Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity adoption   Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:27 am

I feel that celebrities cannot be compared to ordinary people. They can basically do whatever they please because of the amount of money they have and because of their status in society.
However, even though we have children up for adoption here in the US, I feel that those children in the developing, third world countries need a home sooner than those here because of their risk for disease, lack of proper nutrition, lack of health care, etc.
But, if celebrities are going to those countries and paying the families for their children, this wouldn't be the best way to adopt. That is how slaves were gained; not that these children are being used as slaves.
I feel that most celebrities adopt from other countries because that gives them more "page time." By "page time" I mean pictures and stories in the news and in magazines. Not only this, but they are seen as more of a caring and generous celebrity, rather than just a money hungry, fame loving person.

Hope this helps...
Nicki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity adoption   

Back to top Go down

Celebrity adoption
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1